The Air Defence & Air Traffic Systems (ADATS) Delivery Team is responsible for the through-life management of current air defence and air traffic systems. This includes providing surveillance capability to support military operations and enabling a safe, cost effective capability for air traffic control.
The Air Surveillance And Control Systems (ASACS) Force utilise data from the T101 and T102 Radars based in the UK, to provide an input to a Recognised Air Picture, monitoring the airspace around the UK and providing tactical control of the Quick Reaction Alert Force. T101 radars are also located in the Falkland Islands to enable airspace management and de-confliction to their local air control centres. Radars have also operated out of area in support of OP Telic (Iraq) and OP Herrick (Afghanistan).
BMT's role is to collect, manage and analyse a range of information and data, and to carry out a fair and unbiased assessment of the following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as laid down in the Contractor’s Contracting for Availability (CfA) contract:
- Operational Availability (calculated quarterly)
- Reliability (based on a 6 month rolling average)
- Spares turn-around time
BMT’s support is based on a proven data collection, analysis and validation process, which has been developed to meet customer needs by processing real time data to provide high confidence information against which KPIs can be managed and monitored. BMT has supported the ADATS Delivery Team over the past 16 years and are on contract to continue the support until 2014.
- Up to date, accurate, in depth performance data
- Accurate monitoring of performance (both contractual and operational)
- Full agreement from all stakeholders on the performance of the system, upon which the Contractor will be paid.
- The equipment meets its KPIs
- Improved effectiveness in the reverse supply chain
- Stakeholders buy into the process and provide in-depth accurate data
- Data is clear and indisputable
- Both Customer and Contractor share the data
- Customer, End User, Contractor, and BMT work as a team
For general enquiries relating to In-Service Performance Assessment: ADATS T101 & T102 Radars, please contact Jo Hursell
BMT Asset Performance