BMT supports the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) in measuring the in-service performance of their training systems.
BMT provides an in-service monitoring and reporting service for UK MoD Maritime Training Systems (MTS) and for the Swedish Army’s Combat Vehicle and Battalion training systems.
BMT’s role is to provide and support a management information service, which ensures accurate feedback on the in-service usage and operational performance of simulation training systems. This includes the levels of utilisation and system availability being achieved and the levels of training throughput being delivered.
BMT’s service is based on the implementation of RAMtr@ck, which is an intuitive, web-enabled data collection and analysis system, providing a user-friendly electronic data repository. This enables instructors, operators and maintainers to record, in real-time, the system usage, incidents (failures/deficiencies/defects) and repair information. All preventive and corrective maintenance associated with the equipment and its dependencies, e.g, external power supplies, air conditioning, etc. is also recorded.
BMT has supported the MTS Team since 1993 and are on contract to continue the service until 2015.
- Maximises the efficiency of the training system delivery
- Enables corrective action to be taken without delay
- Provides evidence of the training solution meeting its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensures value for money is being delivered
- Delivers accurate data for evaluating and justifying system upgrades
- Delivers ‘real-time' total visibility of equipment performance
- Determines whether or not the KPIs are being met
- Identifies any areas of weakness in the equipment or the delivery system
- Is a web-enabled tool that provides all stakeholders (wherever they may be) involved in the procurement, operation and support of the equipment with constant visibility of equipment performance and its upkeep
For general enquiries relating to In-Service Performance Monitoring & Management: UK and Swedish MoD Training Systems, please contact Mick Dewhirst
BMT Asset Performance