BMT supports the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) in managing their live firing ranges and associated assets.
BMT provides an in-service monitoring and reporting service for all Swedish Armed Forces (SwAF) live firing and gallery ranges. The service quantifies range and asset utilisation and availability, as well as providing a Data Reporting and Corrective Action System (DRACAS).
BMT’s role is to provide and support a management information service, which ensures accurate feedback on:
- Firing range utilisation (usage)
- The deployment of assets to the ranges
- The movement of assets between range storage and maintenance locations
BMT’s service is based on the implementation of TS-RAMtr@ck, an intuitive, web-enabled data collection and analysis system that provides a user-friendly electronic data repository. This enables the range staff to record, in real-time, the range and asset usage, incidents (failures/deficiencies/defects) and repair information. All preventive and corrective maintenance associated with the assets is also recorded. BMT also provides contractors with on-line access to the failure reports associated with equipment subject to repair at their site.
- Maximises the efficiency of range and asset allocation
- Provides visibility of asset availability and reliability issues
- Enables corrective action to be taken without delay
- Ensures value for money is being delivered.
- Provides accurate data for evaluating asset holding and location
- Delivers ‘real-time' total visibility of range and asset usage
- Determines whether or not contractor repair turn-around times are being achieved
- Identifies whether asset holdings are justified
- Is a web-enabled tool that provides all stakeholders (wherever they may be) involved in the procurement, operation and support of the range assets with constant visibility of equipment performance and its upkeep
For general enquiries relating to Asset Management and DRACAS: Swedish Live Firing and Gallery Ranges, please contact Mick Dewhirst
BMT Asset Performance