Tanker and terminal safety
In addition to supervising operations, reviewing and preparing terminal handbooks etc., our experience sees us chosen by many of the industry’s major players to provide assistance in promoting safety during risk sensitive operations on board tankers at sea or in port.
Our team also translate their experience at different command levels on board seagoing vessels and in senior management positions at storage terminals into respected publications and articles exploring, for example, the use of inert atmospheres during the transfer of low flashpoint cargoes.
Our tanker and terminal safety services include:
- Supervision of operations involving (petro) chemical products (ship to shore and ship to ship)
- Review and preparation of terminal handbooks
- Compliance with ISGOTT / IBC procedures
- Advice on transfer of potential risk cargoes (e.g. low flash point, solidifying cargo, products subject to polymerisation, etc.)
- Advice on mooring arrangements
- Condition surveys on tanker vessels, including condition of safety equipment (see also Vessel Condition Surveys)
- On-board audits to check compliance with company procedures
- BMT Surveys also provides a 3 day tanker and terminal course and is an associate member of INTERTANKO.