RINA Warship 2019
The conference will present technical developments in the design and construction of multi-role vessels. It will also provide the opportunity to consider whether this is the best way forward and investigate the possible pitfalls and issues with this approach. It will address the following questions through the papers presented at the conference:
- What are the benefits of multi-role vessels?
- What are the operational scenarios for the use of such vessels and does the operator understand how they will use these vessels? Is vessel capability affected?
- What is the experience of existing flexible / multi-role vessels including how often they have been re-roled?
- Could this approach cause gaps between the designs of new classes leading to loss of skills?
- Are existing naval standards suitable for these types of vessel?
- How do the acquisition and through life costs of multi-role vessels compare to a mix of single role vessels?
BMT is sponsoring RINA Warship 2019 Conference on Multi-Role Vessels.
25/06/2019 - 26/06/2019
09:30 - 15:30