Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Senior Accountant will lead all aspects of financial accounting and reporting within the BMT Canada Ltd Finance team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates all aspects of month end close procedures.
- Coordinates company's financial processes encompassing A/P, A/R, G/L, payroll, financial statement preparation and analysis to facilitate monthly financial statements in accordance with ASPE requirements.
- Coordinates and manages all external financial audits.
- Prepares month end reconciliations.
- Prepares internal financial statements.
- Provides guidance and support to Project Managers and Managers regarding various financial topics and contract analysis.
- Identifies improvement opportunities to improve the close process, improve internal controls and simplify intercompany work between BMT Canada and other BMT companies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of how financial management systems work and how they integrate with other parts of the business and acts as a resource to BMT Canada staff on the financial management system.
- Maintains the data integrity of the accounts system.
- Works closely with the Financial Controller to assess progress, review budget to actual, gross margin reviews, and completeness of financial information.
- Implements Finance initiatives as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Provides backup support to accounting staff.
Required Education and Experience
- CPA designation or working towards.
- Degree in Commerce or Business Administration or other applicable degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience within a small finance team, including payroll.
- Strong computer skills (MS office, Excel, ERP System).
- Knowledgeable in project accounting and costing.
- Familiarity with Government Contracting procedure is preferred.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Reliability security clearance is required.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com as follows:
- “Senior Accountant” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.