Employer: BMT Canada Ltd.
Position: Senior Marine Systems Technologist
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Employment Address: 311 Legett Drive, Kanata, Ontario, K2K 1Z8
Hours of Work: 38.75 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Also eligible for competitive company benefits that include extended medical insurance, dental insurance and LTD. Candidate eligible for voluntary benefits including RRSP and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Provide marine systems engineering advice and support to internal and external customers
- Undertake fundamental technical marine systems engineering specializing in submarine applications. This would include technical input and support to engineering change packages for submarine marine systems and equipment, safety certification and material assurance, and maintenance optimization.
- Provide technical leadership on projects requiring surface ship and submarine marine systems specific knowledge.
- Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings, and specifications for machines and components, power transmission systems, process piping, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems as it relates to naval surface ships and submarines.
- Inspect mechanical installations and construction.
- Prepare contract and tender documents.
- Prepare standards and schedules and supervise mechanical maintenance programs or operations of mechanical plants.
- At least six (6) years experience conducting fundamental technical marine systems design support and analysis with submarine applications;
- Detailed knowledge and experienced on the operation of naval systems;
- Experience in the in-service support of naval systems and/or engineering design;
- Knowledge and experience of submarine maintenance, design and configuration management; and
- Experience in systems integration, ship construction and/or repair.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, following these guidelines:
- “MS-005 - Senior Marine Systems Technologist" in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
or mail to:
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.