Business Analysis Consultant
BMT Hi-Q Sigma, part of the BMT group of companies, is a well established multi-disciplinary company serving clients in the Defence, Utilities, Transportation, Telecommunications, Energy and Government (Central and Local) sectors.
We help to deliver complex programmes through the integration of programme management and systems engineering/enterprise architecture. This means that clients maintain a clear picture of their goals and how they are being realised, which builds the coherence they need to make informed decisions.
Our people are what really make the difference by working as trusted members of clients' teams. Our respected and experienced consultants are the face of BMT Hi-Q Sigma and work with impartiality to fulfil clients' requirements.
We are committed to the professional and personal development of our staff and invest in individuals to enable them to fulfil their potential and deliver excellence to our clients.
As a Business Analysis Consultant you will play an integral role in the development and continued success of the company.
Joining our delivery teams you will be absorbed in a wide variety of projects working alongside our more experienced Enterprise Architecture and Systems Engineering Consultants.
With ever increasing commercial and technical complexity, the success of organisations rests upon their ability to be agile, with the capability to make informed and timely decisions.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline such as Business, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematical discipline or equivalent experience.
- A solid understanding of business analysis and experience of creating simple business models with minimal supervision, or assisting in complex modelling activities.
- An Understanding of Agile project management and delivery methodologies (DSDM, Scrum, Kanban) and how they relate to traditional waterfall programme and project delivery.
- A desire to develop their skills from business analysis to Enterprise Architecture and have an interest in our other systems engineering and project management capabilities.
- The flexibility to perform when working as part of a team or when acting independently.
- The confidence to operate effectively in a client’s team in order to influence decision makers.
- Excellent presentation, analysis and communication skills (written and oral).
- A track record of delivering consultancy outcomes.
- A genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the growth of a successful business.
- Experience in Digital Transformation programmes and projects.
- Qualifications in portfolio, programme and project management methodology.
- An awareness of modelling tools, languages and frameworks such as UML, BPMN, TOGAF and Archimate.
- Experience working in Central Government Departments and agencies such as, but not limited to, Home Office, Ministry of Justice, Cabinet Office, Department of Energy and Climate Change and the Department of Transport.
We work with clients throughout the UK, in particular Central London, Andover and the Bath/Bristol area.
Salary & Benefits
The remuneration package for this position will include a competitive salary, attractive pension scheme, car allowance, health care, 25 days holiday (with Bank Holidays in addition), a Company profit share and various other benefits including (but not limited to):
- Private Healthcare.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Holiday trading, allowing the purchase of 5 additional holiday days per year.
- Lifestyle Discounts.
- Sports and Social Club.
- Life Assurance and Income Protection Insurance.
- Monthly Broadband at home allowance.
BMT carefully guards its independence and impartiality. The company is constituted as an Employee Benefit Trust, in which all employees participate, and has no external shareholders.
Our roles require the applicant to be able to obtain full security clearance. To gain clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 6 years, regardless of nationality.
Development of our Consultants
Investment in our people’s development is arguably one of the areas which sets us apart from our competitors. It simply makes good business sense - employees perform best when they are well motivated and their training and development needs are met.
We don’t just look at the short term; a progressive and evolving career development plan is also top of your development agenda.
As applicants are required to be flexible in terms of travel to client sites, a valid UK driving licence is required.
To apply please forward a copy of your CV and completed application form to Isobel Tait (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
For further information on BMT Hi-Q Sigma, please visit their website: https://www.bmt-hqs.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Isobel Tait, HR Business Partner on 01225 820980