Account lead - Government and Infastructure
BMT’s successful management consultancy business provides high-value insight and delivery across the Justice, Security, Defence, Energy and Transport sectors. Our services are tailored to improve the performance of Portfolios, Programmes and Projects for both our Government and Industry customers and ultimately to embed sustainable change. We are valued as trusted advisors and reliable doers by customers and partners alike.
BMT is a leading international design, engineering, science and risk management consultancy with a reputation for engineering excellence. We're driven by a belief that things can always be better, safer, faster and more efficient. As an Employee Benefit Trust, we are genuinely independent and have the freedom to put our people and our customers first.
We are committed to the professional and personal development of our staff and invest in individuals to enable them to fulfil their potential and deliver excellence to our clients. We are members of the Management Consultancies Association (MCA) and subscribe to their Consulting Excellence values.
As a Business Leader for the Government and Infrastructure Account, you will be joining the business at an exciting time in our growth. This is a unique opportunity to build on our successes in the Defence, Security and Justice markets by shaping and growing new business with Government Departments, Executive Agencies and industry partners responsible for the delivery of complex infrastructure of national importance (including in the Energy and Transport sectors). You will be responsible for delivering the key performance indicators for the Account, to include sales and profit, and will report to the Business Development Director. You will work in partnership with our experienced team of consultants to progress the strategy and to drive the continued success of the business.
- You will have a drive and passion for contributing to the growth of the business;
- You will have experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and partners and be able to operate effectively in order to influence decision makers;
- You will have significant Business Acumen, and a proven ability to deliver profitable business;
- Experience of creating and leading teams;
- Experience of leading the delivery of consulting assignments;
- Experience working in or with Government/Industry clients in the Energy and Infrastructure sectors, such as BEIS and DfT;
- You will be experienced in promoting consultancy offers to a market, to include; shaping the consultancy approach, and managing a pipeline of opportunities;
- Excellent presentation, analysis and communication skills;
- Understanding of the Governments change agenda, and how portfolio, programme and project management services can assist in delivering these objectives.
All our roles require the applicant to have or be able to obtain full UK Security Clearance. To gain clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 6 years, regardless of nationality.
The location will be flexible, with travel expected throughout the UK. Currently, clients are based in the London and the Bristol areas, but the expectation is for further growth.
Salary & Benefits
The remuneration package for this position will include a competitive starting salary, sales commission scheme, an attractive pension scheme, car allowance, health care (including family cover), 25 days holiday, a Company profit share, professional membership subscription funding, and a variety of activities including family fun days and formal events.
BMT carefully guards its independence and impartiality. The company is constituted as an Employee Benefit Trust, in which all employees participate, and has no external shareholders.
To apply please forward a copy of your CV and completed application form to email@example.com.
For further information on BMT Hi-Q Sigma, please visit their website: https://www.bmt-hqs.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Isobel Tait, HR Business Partner on 01225 820980