Regional Business Development Manager (UK and Europe)
BMT Group Ltd (www.bmt.org) is a leading multi-disciplinary management, engineering, science and technology consultancy, serving clients principally in the defence, transport and energy sectors, with 1600 staff in 26 subsidiary companies globally.
Within the BMT Group, Fluid Mechanics (BMT FM) is internationally recognised as a leading engineering consultancy, providing specialist consultancy services to the Civil Construction and Oil & Gas industries. Based on world leading expertise in fluid/structure interactions and building physics, BMT FM uses state-of-the-art in-house capabilities for physical (wind tunnel) and numerical modelling.
We currently have an opportunity for an additional Regional Business Development Manager for UK and Europe, in our UK office. Reporting into our business development team, the Regional Business Development Manager will manage client relationships and develop business in the Civil Construction sector, with a primary focus on Europe.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintains and expands client base by building and upholding rapport with key clients and identifying opportunities for new client relationships.
- Assists in the definition of new procedures for the management of the business development activities in the region through collaboration with the other global Regional Managers, the Technical Director and Managing Director.
- Analyses regional performance, sets regional financial targets and monitors performance against set targets. Reports on regional performance through bespoke company systems. Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepares and completes action plans; identifies trends; determines regional sales system improvements; implements change.
- Conducts technical evaluations of required scope of works for potential projects and drafts proposals.
- Fields client queries and issues on proposals and closed projects in a manner that provides a smooth transition of a project from a point of commission, into the operations team, and then project follow-up. Maintains client assurance.
- Directly liaises with Project Managers and Line Managers in the Projects team on wind tunnel / numerical analyses, testing and reporting tasks. Provides a clear handover of required commissioned works.
- Attends design workshops and presents results of wind tunnel / numerical studies and follows-up on project related works once project has reached the completion stage with the operations team.
- Monitors projects and ensures overall client satisfaction. Works with the Technical Director, the Projects and the Operations teams to resolve client related problems should they arise.
- Attends trade shows and conferences and promotes the company through published work, the giving of presentations, etc.
- Conducts and attends regional meetings and presents updates to the team on performance and plans for your region. Attends and contributes to the annual business planning process.
- Updates and develops regional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with:
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture or a related field (BEng, MSc, MEng, PhD)
- Proven sales performance
- Knowledge of the UK and European Architecture and Buildings Industry market
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work as part of a team that is based in multiple geographic locations
- Demonstrated ability to analytically and methodically solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced/deadline oriented environment
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to travel with the operational region in support of customer needs and overall business objectives (50%- 75%)
- A distinct advantage to have sound technical knowledge in the wind engineering / computational fluid dynamics / architecture / building structures field
Applicants should be authorized to work in the UK and Europe. Salary and benefits will depend on qualifications, skills and experience
Applicants are requested to submit a CV and cover letter, to Debbie Whitefoot, HR Manager, BMT Fluid Mechanics Ltd. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information on BMT Fluid Mechanics, please visit their website: www.bmtfm.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Debbie Whitefoot on +44 208 614 4400