Project Manager (New York)
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our US (New York) office who has experience in the Civil Construction industry.
BMT Group Ltd (www.bmt.org) is a leading multi-disciplinary management, engineering, science and technology consultancy, serving clients principally in the defence, transport and energy sectors, with 1600 staff in 26 subsidiary companies globally.
BMT Fluid Mechanics (FM) is internationally recognised as a leading engineering consultancy, providing specialist consultancy services to the Civil Construction and Oil & Gas industries. Based on world leading expertise in fluid/structure interactions and building physics, BMT FM use state-of-the-art in-house capabilities for physical (wind tunnel) and numerical modelling.
The Wind Engineering Team in BMT FM specializes in engineering consultancy services based on small-scale boundary layer wind tunnel modelling. The team is highly client focused and prides itself on delivering technical quality on landmark projects to tight timescales. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team in US (New York).
The Project Manager holds primary responsibility for the successful completion of wind engineering services for Clients within the civil construction and oil and gas industries, from initiation, overall planning, execution, monitoring, cost control and closure. The Project Manager is responsible for producing the highest levels of Client satisfaction and creating repeat business as well as strong and long-term working relationships with Clients.
- Be the focal point of contact of BMT’s Clients during the execution and delivery of the wind engineering services for both the civil construction and oil and gas industries
- Contract management
- At all times, oversee and manage the Client experience and expectation, ensuring that Clients find BMT to be professional, well-mannered, with a ‘can-do’ and positive attitude, organised and dependable from the point where involvement begins to after completion
- Distil the commissioned Scope of Work into a series of related activities; optimise the sequencing of those activities; and schedule resources as required to deliver the contract in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Chair / co-chair with the Principal / Senior Engineers, team meetings relating to the successful delivery of appointed wind engineering services to Clients
- Communicate work schedules both internally and externally, as regularly as it is required
- Assign budgets and monitor budgetary performance, intervening whenever required to implement worthwhile steps to improve the financial performance of a Project
- Monitor and manage progress against schedule, intervening where required to ensure Client delivery is achieved on time
- Routinely identify and regularly review risks to the successful completion of contracts and take steps to limit both the likelihood of risks occurring and their impact
- Identify appropriate pricing of additional Client requests outside the scope of any initial agreement
- Work closely with the Finance Department to ensure optimal timing of invoice submission and prompt payments
- Take part in regular meetings with the Head of Client Management to review the status of all live contracts
- Conduct post-project review and distribute lessons-learned / actions throughout the Company as agreed with the Head of Client Management
- Implement and adhere to all quality assurance procedures (follow all audit process and track all data. Follow the corrective actions and learn from lessons learnt process to achieve ISO9001:2015 compliance)
- Adhere to health and safety procedures at all times
In addition to these duties the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above job purpose.
- A degree in Aerospace / Civil / Mechanical Engineering (B.Eng. or equivalent)
- Highly professional in appearance and approach
- Good written and oral communication / presentation skills with a good command of English as a working language
- Very strong customer focus
- Previous client-facing experience will be considered an advantage
- Previous experience as an Engineer within an engineering consultancy firm; experience leading projects, including client liaison; prior experience in wind engineering, including knowledge of wind tunnel test techniques; and experience within the civil construction industry would all be considered a distinct advantage.
- Ability to coordinate the inputs from multiple departments and monitor progresses
- Strong commercial / financial awareness
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
Ability to travel as needed
The position would suit someone who enjoys working with little supervision, in a fast-paced and multi-cultural working environment. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
This position doesn't qualify for sponsorship. Applicants should be authorized to work in the USA. International travel will be required.
Salary and benefits will depend on location, qualifications, skills and experience.
Applicants are requested to submit a CV and cover letter/e-mail, to Debbie Whitefoot HR Manager, BMT Fluid Mechanics Ltd. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information on BMT Fluid Mechanics, please visit their website: www.bmtfm.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Debbie Whitefoot on +44 208 614 4400