Document Control Specialist
BMT Fleet Technology Limited (BMT) is recruiting for a Document Control Specialist.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The Document Control Specialist is a key member of a small team of dedicated professionals providing dynamic administrative support to meet the varied needs of a shared services organization.
The main responsibilities in this role are:
- To ensure that documentation such as proposals, technical reports, client correspondence and meeting minutes reflect BMT’s high standards of quality and professionalism.
- To provide dynamic administrative support to meet the varied needs of internal and external stakeholders with competing demands and priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Document Control Management
- Preparation of documents including proposals and client deliverables
- Proofreading, editing and formatting of documents to ensure they comply with company standards and are professionally presented
- Daily review of government business search tools (Buy and Sell, MERX)
- Organize and act on project related tasks including, but not limited, to email, meeting minutes, meeting reports, mail etc.
- File and copy documents
- Support the Company Quality System and Health & Safety programs
- Act as back up to Document Control team members, including administrative duties as they arise to ensure that key processes continue to function
- Cross train Document Control team members to ensure key processes continue to function
The applicant will have:
- Completed relevant post secondary education
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Strong english writing skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Direct experience in proofreading and editing documentation
- Reliability Clearance (or ability to obtain), with eventual requirement for NATO Secret
- Expertise in all aspects of MS Word and proficient in the use of MS Excel, Powerpoint, VISIO, Adobe tools (Acrobat)
- Proficiency in use of the Internet and Internet Explorer
- Strong time management skills
- Service oriented
- The ability to demonstrate teamwork and respond positively in periods requiring concerted effort/intense activity
- Experience as an Alternate Company Security Officer (ACSO) would be considered an asset
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT Fleet Technology Limited, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Document Control Specialist” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org