Administrative Assistant - Part Time
BMT Fleet Technology Limited (BMT) is recruiting for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The Part-Time Administrative Assistant is a key member of a small team of dedicated professionals. The main responsibility in this role is to ensure that high quality administrative support is provided during peak business hours to support the varied needs of a shared services organization.
This is a part-time, permanent role (25 hours per week). Reporting to the Office Manager, the hours would be Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 3:15 pm.
The position requires Reliability Clearance (or the ability to obtain). Secret/NATO may be required in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet visitors and connect them with their hosts
- Answer phone calls not handled by the auto-attendant system
- Ensure that all required elements are in place for client visits including facilities, documents and catering
- Ensure meeting rooms and reception area are presentable before and after clients meetings
- File and copy documents
- Support the Company Quality System and Health and Safety programs
- Other administrative duties that arise that ensure that the wheels keep turning
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an administrative customer service role
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributor on a small team
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, VISIO Skills and proficient in the use of Adobe tools (Acrobat)
- Proficient in use of the Internet and Internet Explorer
- Strong time management and communication skills
- The ability to respond positively in periods requiring concerted effort/intense activity
- A keen eye for detail is a plus as is Event planning and coordination experience
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT Fleet Technology Limited, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Administrative Assistant - Part- Time” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com