Director of Submarines
BMT Fleet Technology Limited (BMT) is recruiting for a Director of Submarines within our Marine Engineering and Design business area.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
This key leadership position is the primary management level interface with our submarine customers and is responsible for understanding their needs, winning business and managing a portfolio of submarine related projects. The Director of Submarines reports to the Vice President, Marine Engineering and Design, for the contract and program management of BMT’s submarine business lines and leads our support to the Canadian Submarine Program. Working alongside the Engineering and other Program Directors, the Submarines Director supervises multi-disciplinary engineering teams in the accomplishment of business goals and is responsible for the delivery of client satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
- A degree or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in the design, acquisition, support and/or operation of submarines
- Proven competence in the specification, design, build, repair, modification or operation of submarines
- A sound understanding of project management principles and experience in the management of a portfolio of technical projects
- Experience in managing government contracts, ideally with the Government of Canada
- Excellent communication interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to develop close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to progress business and program objectives
- The ability to obtain security clearance is required
- A professional engineering designation, or ability to obtain, is desirable
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT Fleet Technology Limited, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “ Director of Submarines” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org