Senior Post Production Engineer
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Senior Post Production Engineer to support U.S. Navy ships and systems program
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Senior Post Production Engineer to support U.S. Navy ships and systems program. This role involves the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems; performance of engineering design evaluations for a range of products; and recommendation of alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. The Post Production Engineer will lead and support activities including:
- Plan and review PDA work specs and ECPs.
- Plan and review PSA work specs and ECPs. Conduct ship checks to validate planned work package scope. Provide FCT availability and PRT planning and execution.
- Support PSA planning and execution. Access all spaces of the vessel and possible dry-docks to progress work being completed during the availability.
- Coordinate Industrial Post Delivery Availability (IPDA) /PSA planning and execution efforts. Maintain Post-PSA tracking matrix.
- Provide Post Delivery Trial Cards Management. Resolve trial card issues, track and close all trial cards and work items.
- Support collection, tracking, analysis and estimation of post-delivery cost and labor resource information.
- Provide production oversight during PSA and any planned or unplanned availabilities. Track progress and report any issues related to successful progress. Oversee all machinery/piping installations; coordinate open and inspection of HM&E machinery; monitor all applicable HM&E work items through completion during the PSA.
- Manage the development and update of the IPDA and PSA work package tracking databases. Maintain Government provided/approved web-based IPDA/PSA Database.
- Conduct engineering reviews to determine support requirements and individual work efforts for correction of identified deficiencies. Prepare work definition packages in sufficient detail to outline the correction of the deficiency. Validate plans by supporting ship checks. Assist in developing and providing a planning schedule.
Work Location: Mobile, AL
Candidates must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- Master’s Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and at 10+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with naval post production engineering standard concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
- Proven ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Familiarity with MSC General Technical Requirements and Work Item Preparation Guide preferred
- Physically able to conduct shipboard investigations including speaking and walking without assistance, climbing ladders, lifting (up to 25 pounds) and maneuvering in confined spaces is required
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "ENG 80" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177. Find employment application below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070