Senior Environmental Engineer
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to support marine environmental clients in the Washington, DC area
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to support marine environmental clients in the Washington, DC area. This is a part time contract position subject to funding with an expected start date of February 20, 2018. Tasking will include but not be limited to:
- Establishing requirements for shipboard environmental systems
- Assessing wastewater treatment systems for compliance with requirements
- Conducting engineering evaluations of environmental systems and technologies
- Supporting the strategic planning and performance of environmental systems development and procurement initiatives
The successful applicant will have at least 15 years of experience supporting US Navy Environmental programs in similar areas. Candidate must work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team.
Candidate must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
Work Location: Work at Home
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum 15 years’ experience working with mechanical systems.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering Management strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Afloat environmental pollution and implementing environmental regulations required
- Experience supporting shipboard environmental systems including: establishing requirements and policies, risk and hazard management and engineering assessments.
- Strong familiarity with ship environmental areas including: solid waste management, oil pollution abatement, sewage and wastewater handling, CFC/Halon elimination, medical waste management, hazardous materials control and minimization, pollution prevention afloat, oil spill prevention and engine emissions
- System safety experience in the maritime industry is strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Minimum 15 years’ experience working in the maritime industry required
- Minimum 15 years’ experience providing technical guidance and assessing mechanical operating systems is preferred
- Self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "CD63T18-100" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070