Senior Engineer/R&D Analyst
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Senior Engineer/R&D Analyst to support U.S. Navy ships and systems design and production engineering acquisition program
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Senior Engineer/R&D Analyst to support U.S. Navy ships and systems design and production engineering, acquisition, concept studies and preliminary design, and technology development. This role involves design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems; performance of engineering design evaluations for a range of products; and recommendation of alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. The Engineer/R&D Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the development of enabling technologies for future and in-service afloat operational logistics and integrated supply systems
- Supporting the definition of integrated combat logistics force and combatant logistics requirements
- Coordinating cooperative initiatives among acquisition programs, program sponsors, engineering managers, the Navy S&T community and fleet customers
- Procuring materials needed for construction/fabrication of feasibility models, mock ups, shipboard and laboratory testing and technology development
- Assisting in acquiring incidental materials, hardware manufacturing, equipment and installations
- Assisting in performing tests and trials and test results analyses.
Work Location: Washington, DC
Candidates must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- Master’s Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems; engineering design performance evaluations for a range of products; and performing tests and trials and test results analyses for a US Navy ship program
- Familiarity with standard naval engineering and R&D concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
- Proven ability to lead the work of others
Demonstrated ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "ENG 82" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177. Find employment application below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070