BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Remediation Engineer to support environmental projects for federal and commercial clients
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering support, state of the art modeling & simulation, advanced system dynamics analysis and technology and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Remediation Engineer to support environmental projects for federal and commercial clients. The successful applicant will have at least 8 years of environmental remediation project experience with strong regulatory knowledge, verbal and written communication skills, and site characterization expertise. Candidate must exhibit progressive levels of federal and commercial work experience and works both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team. Candidate must be able to work under tight time constraints and meet project schedule deadlines.
Candidate must be a US citizen possessing or eligible for a DoD security clearance. Company will not provide work visa or relocation for this position.
Work Location: Alexandria, VA
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration
- Proven experience and knowledge minimum 8 years in environmental sciences, environmental studies and environmental management projects
- At least 5 years supporting remediation projects – federal and commercial performed under federal regulatory oversight (CERCLA or RCRA)
- At least 2 years supporting remediation projects in the mid-Atlantic area (Maryland, DC, or Virginia)
- Proven skills of leading a multidisciplinary team as team leader/coordinator for at least 5 years
- Demonstrated technical writing and communication skills.
- Good driving record. Copy of driving record required
- Able to travel overseas (as needed)
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "RE 90" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find application and surveys at below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070