BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Project Analyst to support the BMT Maneuver Support Vessel (Light) (MSV(L)) Program
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Support; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. D&P’s professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering support, state of the art modeling & simulation, advanced system dynamics analysis and technology and management support services exceeding customer expectations. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company and is 100% owned by BMT Group. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Project Analyst to support the BMT Maneuver Support Vessel (Light) (MSV(L)) Program. This position has an anticipated start date of January 15, 2018.
The Project Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the BMT MSV(L) Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and program level information management, support multidisciplinary tasks including logistics and configuration data management, assisting the MSV(L) PMO Team and performing administrative duties (meeting scheduling and coordination) as needed. This position will support and report directly to the Program Manager. On-the-job and formal training will be provided to motivated candidates who have the desire to expand their skills and apply their knowledge to improve the team’s overall performance. Primary duties include:
- Assist with the development and management of the project cost and schedule baseline
- Assist in developing and subsequent maintenance of the BMT MSV(L) master schedule by working with technical team leads and verifying and validating critical tasks and interdependencies across the project
- Assist with the Critical Path project analysis based on schedule progress and established task dependencies
- Assist in tracking the BMT team’s performance to schedule and ensure accuracy of data
- Develop project schedule performance status reports used at PM meetings
- Work with configuration data manager to implement program document control tracking system process and procedures and maintain and track project documents
Work Location: Alexandria, VA
Candidate must be a US citizen. Ability to qualify for and obtain a Government security clearance is required. Company will not sponsor a work visa for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., economics, engineering, mathematics, operations research, statistics or business). Associates degree and 6 years’ progressive federal government contracting acquisition master schedule experience will be accepted in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ federal government contracting project management experience using MS Project required. US Army acquisition project management experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Visio and SharePoint) to create spreadsheets to analyze data, create comprehensive technical reports and presentations required.
- Familiarity with Critical Path project analysis and performing schedule status updates required
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management helpful
- SharePoint database configuration and management experience including capability to create and manage a library of program documentation, highly desirable
- Successfully multi-task, prioritize effectively, actively solve problems in a fast-paced mission-oriented work environment
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills to support program review meetings
- Confident and clear verbal and written communication skills are required to successfully listen, proactively investigate project issues and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to resolve problems, facilitate consensus, and complete tasks on time
- Self-directed, proactive, professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "ENG 73" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070