Port Engineer / Reliability Centered Maintenance Analyst
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking experienced Port Engineer and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Analysts with Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) subject matter expertise to support commercial and government ship acquisition and maintenance programs
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking experienced part-time and full time Port Engineer and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Analysts with Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) subject matter expertise to support commercial and government ship acquisition and maintenance programs. The Port Engineer/RCM analysts will support the maintenance and design teams. Duties include recommending efficient and economical levels of maintenance and repairs, conduct FMECAs (failure modes effects criticality analysis), LORAs (level of repair analysis) and MTAs (maintenance task analysis), validate reported deficiencies and assist in prioritizing work based on schedule, operational requirements, cost, quality, timeliness and budgets.
Work Locations: Mobile, AL; Work at Home may be an option
Candidate must be a US citizen with a DoD secret clearance. Employment is contingent upon award and ability to obtain DOD secret clearance immediately. Company will not sponsor work visa for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or engineering technology or 10 years of experience in the marine maintenance and repair is required
- Minimum 5 years commercial, Navy, or National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) experience as an operating engineer required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Port Engineer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience inspecting ship or offshore marine equipment to ensure casualty reports accurately reflect system performance and repair actions are appropriate, cost effective and comply with operational requirements required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using ship maintenance procedure cards, drawings, technical publications, damage control books, damage control plates and other technical documents required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience participating in stakeholder meetings with multidisciplinary teams, developing agendas, presenting findings and recommendations required
- DOD RCM Level II certification or commercial equivalent highly desirable
- Prior experience in developing FMECAs (failure modes effects criticality analysis), LORAs (level of repair analysis) and MTAs (maintenance task analysis) highly desirable
- NACE Level I and/or II certifications highly desirable
- Understanding of the 10 of elements of logistics is highly desirable
- Advance MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) creating technical reports, activity reports, risk assessments and presentations required
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing ladders and lifting up to 25 pounds required
- Actively investigates and resolves problems
- Demonstrate strong listening, oral and written communication skills with ability to quickly and successfully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, identify program points of contact, establish successful working relationships with program managers technical staff, technicians, subcontractors and other stake-holders and develop a data sharing and collaborative environment
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills that result in the delivery of high quality products and services that exceed client expectations
- Demonstrated proficiency in completing detail-oriented tasks with accuracy and on time
- Database skills preferred
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Confident action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "RCM 94" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070