BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking two (2) Mechanical Engineers to assist and support government vessel maintenance program
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering support, state of the art modeling & simulation, advanced system dynamics analysis and technology and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking two (2) Mechanical Engineers to assist and support government vessel maintenance program. Engineers must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills with ability to quickly and successfully integrate with a multidisciplinary team, identify program points of contact, establish successful working relationships with program managers, technical staff, technicians, subcontractors and other stake-holders and develop a data sharing and collaborative environment is required. Mechanical Engineer duties include:
- Develop and update routine and emergency repair specifications for shipboard fluid, piping and hydraulic systems
- Test and evaluate shipboard systems, complete technical calculations to verify shipboards systems meet specifications.
- Perform ship checks to validate equipment in shipboard environment
- Maintain and update logistics databases including Fleet Logistics System (FLS), Naval & Electronics Supply Support System (NESSS), Naval Engineering Technical Information Management System (NE-TIMS), ALMIS Electronic Asset Logbook (EAL), FLS Mobile Asset Manager (MAM), SFLC Central, and other similar IT tools
Work Location: Oakland, CA
Candidates must be US citizen with a clearance or ability to obtain a clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required. Knowledge of engineering disciplines such as fluid mechanics, naval architecture, structural engineering, and electrical engineering is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience evaluating and verifying mechanical designs and specifications for the repair, modification, and maintenance of shipboard hydraulic systems and weight handling equipment
- Ship check experience in a shipboard environment which includes climbing stairs and ladders, transiting tight spaces, working in extreme heat etc. required
- Experience with navigating and updating databases required. Knowledge of logistics databases including Fleet Logistics System (FLS), Naval & Electronics Supply Support System (NESSS), Naval Engineering Technical Information Management System (NE-TIMS) and other similar IT tools helpful.
- Minimum 2 years’ shipboard systems test and evaluation of experience including hydrostatic testing. Familiarity with the design and operation of motors, pumps, valves, hoses, detectors, instrumentation, fittings, and other components commonly found in high pressure fluid systems is helpful.
- Minimum 2 years’ developing technical instructions, drawings, and specifications for repair, modification, maintenance, and testing of new systems with many component pieces of equipment
- Technical experience including calculating fluid flow rates, sizing piping and components. Must be familiar with piping system materials and capable of specifying appropriate alloys and fluids for a particular service.
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and AutoCAD skills required
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include anticipating and understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Dependable, confident ,action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to building and expanding consultancy services
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "RCM 90" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find employment application below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070