BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a GIS Specialist with interest and experience in supporting Department of Navy (DON) programs
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a GIS Specialist with interest and experience in supporting Department of Navy (DON) programs. Primary responsibilities include: Geographic Information System (GIS) and cartographic support to DON internal and external customers and stakeholders; support in the deployment of the Automated Site Planning Tool (ASPT); review of ASPT generated Site Plans. Candidates must have interest in learning and developing professional consulting skills. Occasional travel to visit Navy installation sites required.
Qualified candidates must be US citizen and must have a DOD security clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or offer relocation for this position.
Work Location: Indian Head, MD
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geographical Sciences: GIS, Cartography, Remote Sensing or related field
- Entry level to one-year experience desired
- Basic knowledge of explosives safety for Naval facilities
- Proven aptitude/interest in working with GIS data and providing cartographic support
- Ability to reach out, communicate, ask questions and complete tasks is a must
- Proven ability to manage time constraints and tasks
- Detail oriented, proactive and strong work ethic a MUST
- Strong listening, technical writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with multidisciplinary team is important
- Interest in actively contributing to individual and team growth
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Access
- Self-starter interested in building consultancy services
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Interested candidates must email resume and completed Employment Application and surveys with subject line "RE 91" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Please find Employment Application and Applicant Survey below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on + 1 703 920 7070