BMT Designers & Planners is seeking an Electrical Technician to provide Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technician support for client Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) and In‐Service Engineering (ISE) projects
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking an Electrical Technician to provide Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technician support for customer Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) and In‐Service Engineering (ISE) projects at US Navy Solid Waste Labs and during shipboard evaluations. Work location in Bethesda, MD. This is a contract position subject to funding. Expected start date is January 22, 2018.
The successful applicant will have at least 5 years of experience as an electrical / electronics technician with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team. Duties include but not limited to:
- Testing of solid waste treatment systems, sub‐systems and associated equipment. Typical activities include:
- Support design, configuration, material procurement, fabrication, and operation of test fixtures/assemblies/systems/incinerators
- Prepare and install requisite test materials and systems, including:
- Read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics
- Run electrical power, water, and air to the system(s);
- Mount and hook up system components
- Reconnect internal wiring and piping
- Assemble and install stacks, ducting, and insulation
- Perform initial system startup
- Sample and data collection;
- Troubleshoot assembly/system components to meet required performance parameters
- Execute test plans, record data, discuss test results with other test personnel, and provide general feedback as required
- Review and comment on test plans, reports, and briefs
- Shipboard evaluations
- Support lab tours/presentations, including setup, equipment operation and fabricating Plastic Waste Processor mini‐disks
- Support maintenance of NSWCCD lab spaces. Typical activities include:
- Support equipment/ material inventory requirements;
- Support equipment maintenance/ repair/ calibration requirements;
Candidate must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon the candidate’s ability to obtain a security clearance. Company will not provide relocation or sponsor a visa for this position.
- High School Diploma and minimum 5 years’ experience as an electrical / electronics technician. Experience supporting Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) shipboard systems and complying with US Navy standards is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ HM&E technician experience supporting electrical troubleshooting, power distribution systems and other electrical and mechanical work. Electronic experience very helpful.
- Experience installing, calibrating, and testing electrical and mechanical systems in accordance with State and Federal electrical codes.
- Experience interpreting blue prints, schematics and technical drawings for installation procedures.
- Experience researching and procuring parts and materials is preferred
- Self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "CD63T102-3" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070