Administrative Assistant T-3
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support US Navy
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Advanced Technology, Reliability Centred Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high calibre designs and engineering support, state of the art modelling & simulation, advanced system dynamics analysis and technology and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defence, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support US Navy clients located in Bethesda, MD. This is a contract position subject to funding with an immediate start date.
The successful applicant will have at least 5 years of experience providing administrative support, data collection, report formatting, document organization, and creating and maintaining spreadsheets, forms, documents and records. Must be proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint) with strong database skills, and excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must exhibit progressive levels of federal government work experience and works both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team. Dependability and work ethic are important.
Candidate must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance. Company will not sponsor a work visa or offer relocation for this position.
- High School Diploma and minimum 5 years’ experience providing US Navy program administrative support is required. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an administrative assistance supporting senior staff, maintain document files, coordinate meetings and special events, track travel and training and order office supplies is required. US Navy Environmental and Energy Programs support experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using the US Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). database to create, update and track procurement requisitions and Defence Travel System (DTS) database to create and track travel vouchers is desired
- Advance MS Office skills and at least 2 years’ experience creating and editing correspondence, briefs, technical reports and presentations using US Navy templates and standards is required. MS SharePoint experience highly desirable
- Dependable, self-starter, proactive professional with excellent work ethic, interested in contributing to individual and team growth
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "CD63T3-2" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070