Acquisition Program Manager
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking an Acquisition Program Manager to support U.S. Navy ships and systems design and production engineering, acquisition, concept studies and preliminary design, and technology development program
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Logistics, Reliability Centered Maintenance, and Systems Safety Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking an Acquisition Program Manager to support U.S. Navy ships and systems design and production engineering, acquisition, concept studies and preliminary design, and technology development. The Acquisition Program Manager will be responsible for the following engineering, technical, analytical, and management support services including:
- Management support including strategic planning, training and personnel development; coordination of management office operations, schedules and correspondence; analytical support; deliverables tracking; task management; development of program milestones and objectives.
- Development and maintenance of program briefing for OPNAV, ASN, SECNAV, OSD AT&L, Congressional Committees, etc. and Congressional reports/responses to Congressional inquiries.
- Programmatic support for program goals, objectives and acquisition strategies including developing plans, concept papers, briefings, action and milestone planning and tracking, project planning and status, program metrics, and participation in meetings and milestone reviews.
- Acquisition support for ship and ship system contract awards including researching requirements and drafting acquisition documents and reports, milestone decision and gate reviews.
- Support systems engineering efforts, development and management of requirements documents, and cost estimating.
- Improve understanding with respect to evolving mission package requirements, analysis, measures of effectiveness, capability requirements and milestone delivery. Provide insight on developing current and future capabilities. Support evaluations and recommendations related to DoD planning, programming, budgeting and warfare mission area requirements definitions; and coordination with the cognizant stakeholders.
- Analyze and develop business practices, perform organizational assessments, and identify and track major technical and programmatic issues
- Research emerging technologies, and assist in performing verification of requirements, standards, concepts, and technologies for applicability to Strategic & Theater Sealift and associated programs
Work Location: Washington, DC
Candidates must be a US citizen with a DOD security clearance or employment is contingent upon obtaining a security clearance. Company will not sponsor work visa or relocation for this position.
- Master’s Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing ship acquisition program management support including strategic planning, training and personnel development; development of program milestones and objectives, coordination of management office operations, schedules and configuration data management; managing subcontractors and tracking deliverables and program budget
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD acquisition management, contracts, technical and business management
- Demonstrated understanding of DoD contracts and contract analysis, including knowledge of DoD contracting processes
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
- Proven ability to successfully lead and direct the work of others to meet program milestones and deliverables
- Amphibious Ship and/or Sealift Ship experience highly desirable
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required to successfully listen, reach out, complete complex detail oriented tasks and work with multidisciplinary teams to facilitate consensus and complete tasks on time
- Advanced experience and knowledge of MS Word and Excel required. Experience with MS Project desirable
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Dependable, confident, action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and interested in actively contributing to personal, team and company growth and development
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "ENG 83" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177. Find employment application below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070