Apply your business acumen and management accounting expertise to provide financial solutions and support to the Australian Defence Team
BMT Design & Technology is a leading engineering and project management consultancy, delivering world class innovative solutions within the Defence, maritime and transport sectors. We provide access to exciting and challenging projects, with opportunities for our people to expand their expertise and shape the industries in which we work.
As a company, we are dedicated to building lasting client focused relationships. Our people are continuously improving themselves and our business to provide our clients with technically excellent and innovative solutions. We enjoy a collaborative and inclusive working environment, and maintain our integrity at all times.
Joining our team gives you access to an environment where innovation is encouraged and nurtured. We are also an employee benefit trust which means that our profits go directly back to our people through continued development and bonuses.
Our employees enjoy:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Flexible work arrangements
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will have the opportunity to add value through showcasing your diverse finance and accounting capabilities. The role will partner with the business and provide financial support and advice ranging from budget formulation and forecasting through to financial and management reporting. You will be responsible for preparing, analysing and reporting financial and related business information to support decision making. The role is expected to contribute to the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and operational guidelines.
With solid management accounting experience, you will be customer focused and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements. Your natural style will be solution-oriented and collaborative. Possessing excellent interpersonal skills, you will work effectively as a team player with our interstate offices and teams.
We are looking for someone with experience in the fundamentals of management accounting
- Decision making
- Reporting (monthly forecasting and month end processes)
- Costing (overhead, standard, job and process)
- Variance analysis
- Capital Expenditure
- Performance measurement and analysis
- Maintain the accounts function, including credit control, invoicing and accounts payable
You will have:
- CPA or CA with a minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in small or medium business
- Demonstrated experience working with computerised accounting software and project management accounting software
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Advanced levels of computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in data entry and management
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative Strong verbal and written communication skills
Candidates are required to hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance.
With offices in Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide and Sydney the location of the successful incumbent is negotiable. Regular interstate travel will be required for this role.
Applications, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org must include:
- Job ID: DTMA112017
- A short cover letter outlining your experience and capabilities
- An up-to-date CV outlining relevant qualifications, work experience and two professional referees
For further information on BMT Design & Technology, please visit their website: www.bmtdesigntechnology.com.au
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Cathryn Gordon on 07 3831 6744