Developer - Modelling & Simulation
Apply your modelling expertise and engineering knowledge to provide unique insights that will shape the future of Defence in Australia. Based in Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide or Melbourne, you will be part of our integrated Australian capability, working on a range of interesting and diverse projects.
BMT Design & Technology is a leading engineering and project management consultancy, delivering world class innovative solutions within the Defence, maritime and transport sectors. We provide access to exciting and challenging projects, with opportunities for our people to expand their expertise and shape the industries in which we work.
As a company we are dedicated to building lasting client focused relationships. Our people are continuously improving themselves and our business to provide our clients with technically excellent and innovative solutions. We enjoy a collaborative and inclusive working environment, and maintain our integrity at all times.
Joining our team gives you access to our world class engineers and project managers, in an environment where new ideas are encouraged and nurtured. We are also an employee benefit trust which means that our profits go directly back to our people through continued development and bonuses.
Our employees enjoy:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Flexible work arrangement
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
Reporting to the Modelling & Decision Support Lead, you will have the opportunity to develop and demonstrate your capability whilst performing as an engineering generalist. You will contribute to a range of projects to provide specialist advice and analysis to support the development of solutions aimed at addressing our client’s needs. With a solid technical background, you will explore and define client problems, develop innovative ways to explore the decision space to provide clear advice and unique insights that provide our clients a basis for sound, defensible decision making.
With a background in Systems, Software,Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and experience with modelling and simulation, you will be client focused and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements. Your natural style will be solution-oriented and collaborative. Possessing excellent interpersonal skills, you will work effectively as a team player with our interstate offices and client teams. You will be capable of working autonomously and will perform effectively, even when working remotely.
We are looking for someone with experience in:
- Acquisition or sustainment within large Defence or commercial maritime programs
- Decision support-type roles and projects including cost-benefit and options analysis
- Discrete event simulation and or numerical modelling of risk, operational effectiveness and cost
- Relationship management
You will have:
- A university degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Attained, working towards or committed to achieving Chartered status
- 5+ years of relevant experience in maritime / naval programs and engineering
- Intermediate level coding (VBA, C++, Java) for simulations and numerical models
- Intermediate level modelling skills in Microsoft Excel
- Discrete event simulation experience
- Familiarity with engineering and simulation software such as FlexSim, 3ds Max and AutoCAD.
- Cost modelling and estimating experience
- Project management experience
- A network and experience within the Defence environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a client facing environment
Candidates are required to hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance.
Applications must include:
- Job ID: 149694
- A short cover letter outlining your experience and capabilities
An up-to-date CV outlining relevant qualifications, work experience and two professional referees
For further information on BMT Design & Technology, please visit their website: www.bmtdesigntechnology.com.au
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Karyn Agius on 03 8620 6171