Who are we?
BMT Defence Services Ltd delivers independent engineering and design capabilities for UK and international defence customers. We apply our engineering knowledge to new and varied challenges from helping and advising customers with engineering projects to supporting the creation and realisation of new designs of defence systems. Although best known for our expertise in naval platform design, we provide engineering consultancy, design solutions and research across the defence and security domains.
Why work with us?
We believe that in hiring the best talent, with diverse backgrounds, introduces new ideas, which will continue to support and grow our fast paced and busy Naval Engineering department.
We appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure. At BMT we ensure that our people have access to the training and mentoring that they need to be the best at what they do. We constantly strive to improve our working environment and provide everyone with the tools and applications they need to do their roles effectively.
The wellbeing of the team is central to our success so workloads are managed effectively, and we don’t have a work late culture. On top of this we have a host of benefits designed to support our people such as additional holiday purchase, private medical cover and a personal development fund for gym/sports clubs or non-work related evening classes.
What we’re looking for…
We are currently recruiting for a HVAC Engineer to join our Naval Engineering department on a permanent or fixed term basis. If you have the following skills and experience, we want to hear from you.
- Extensive knowledge of marine HVAC systems design (naval or commercial)
- Experience of designing marine HVAC systems and producing supporting technical documentation (e.g. ship system schematics, ship, system and equipment technical specifications)
- Understanding of the issues pertaining to the integration of mechanical systems and equipment within ships or marine platforms
- Experience of dealing with equipment suppliers and manufacturers
- Knowledge of LR Rules & Regulations for the Classification of Naval Ships, and/or Rules & Regulations for the Classification of Ships
- Shipyard design experience is desirable but not essential
- HND/HNC and/or a degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
How to apply?
To apply for this role please submit an online application.
BMT is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce, to view our full policy please click here - https://www.bmt.org/careers/our-benefits/diversity-and-equality/.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply, please use our online application form.