Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Systems Design Engineer
Who are we?
BMT Defence Services Ltd delivers independent engineering and design capabilities for UK and international defence customers. We apply our engineering knowledge to new and varied challenges from helping and advising customers with engineering projects to supporting the creation and realisation of new designs of defence systems. Although best known for our expertise in naval platform design, we provide engineering consultancy, design solutions and research across the defence and security domains.
Why work with us?
We believe that in hiring the best talent, with diverse backgrounds, introduces new ideas, which will continue to support and grow our fast paced and busy Naval Engineering department.
We appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure. At BMT we ensure that our people have access to the training and mentoring that they need to be the best at what they do. We constantly strive to improve our working environment and provide everyone with the tools and applications they need to do their roles effectively.
The wellbeing of the team is central to our success so workloads are managed effectively, and we don’t have a work late culture. On top of this we have a host of benefits designed to support our people such as additional holiday purchase, private medical cover and a personal development fund for gym/sports clubs or non-work related evening classes.
What we’re looking for…
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Systems Design Engineer to join our Naval Engineering department on a permanent or fixed term basis. If you have the following skills and experience, we want to hear from you.
- Understanding of issues pertaining to the prevention of fires on board ship and the design of shipboard fire-fighting systems
- Understanding of the practical issues pertaining to the integration of fire prevention and fire fighting equipment and systems within ships
- Knowledge and experience of utilising 3D CAD and visualisation systems (i.e. Rhino, Inventa, Autocad P&I)
- Experience of dealing with equipment suppliers and manufacturers
- HND/HNC and/or a degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status with a recognised professional body or demonstrable route to achieve this
- Ship system design capabilities (i.e. auxiliary (e.g. air, hydraulics, bilge, ballast) and ancillary systems, fire protection systems and/or HVAC)
- Knowledge of LR Rules & Regulations for the Classification of Naval Ships, and/or Rules & Regulations for the Classification of Ships
- Commercial and Naval Shipyard design and embodiment experience desirable
- Ideally knowledge and understanding of naval and/or Commercial ship design and embodiment
How to apply?
To submit an application, please apply online.
BMT is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce, to view our full policy please click here - https://www.bmt.org/careers/our-benefits/diversity-and-equality/.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply, please use our online application form.