Who are we?
BMT Reality Studios provide bespoke software solutions for a range of organisations from the UK Ministry of Defence to other government bodies and commercial companies.
We pride ourselves in delivering creative software solutions, immersive training applications and insightful big data analytics in a number of different markets. We deliver these capabilities through our creative and innovative team who build strong and lasting relationships with our customers.
What do we do? – click each link for more information:
Code - We write great code and with it world class applications. We adopt an Agile approach to your project delivery to involve you every step of the way
Cyber - Supporting organisations to understand the cyber landscape
Visualisation - Our in house team can turn your ideas into immersive worlds and captivating training simulations.
Data - We analyse your data (Big or small) to help you learn about your company, people and systems
What we are looking for…
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Analyst to join our fun and inspiring team in our Bath office. You will be responsible for designing, maintaining and executing test scripts, to ensure that our class-leading web-based and mobile-based applications are delivered according to our users’ requirements and quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include test script planning, writing and system testing for web-based and mobile applications, including defect reporting and tracking. You should be comfortable handling a rapidly changing workload, reprioritising and flagging up issues as they occur. In addition to your testing responsibilities, you will also be a key player in the front line support of our wide range of software systems – taking the lead in responding to support issues and engaging with partners and end users to provide guidance.
What we would like you to have experience in…
- Automated testing tools, or a demonstrable interest in gaining some experience.
- Using and configuring an application lifecycle management system, such as Visual Studio Team Foundation System, to work effectively and across projects
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in understanding and testing web-based software applications
- Working in a controlled QA environment, and supporting the development of QA standards Confidence engaging with, and providing guidance to customers and users
- Providing software system support and confidently engaging with end users
The following experience is also advantageous although not essential:
- Knowledge or understanding of web Security/penetration testing
- Mobile application testing
- Release management
- In addition, an understanding of Agile methodologies, virtual machines Microsoft Test Manager and Test Labs would be useful, however a strong interest to learn and a real passion for testing and technology are just as important.
Why work with us?
Working at BMT is a challenging yet rewarding experience. Working in an agile environment allows our team to have the flexibility that they need to deliver the best solutions using the most exciting technology.
We appreciate the importance of having a solid personal development structure. At BMT we ensure our people have access to the training and mentoring that they need to be the best at what they do.
We love technology and R&D, and part of our approach to innovation is to play with the most amazing and exciting kit; our aim is to embrace and exploit the newest technologies and we encourage creativity through our team hackathons.
The well-being of the team is central to our success so workloads are managed effectively, and we don’t have a work late culture. Our working hours are flexible and part-time working hours will be considered. On top of this we have a host of benefits designed to support our people such as additional holiday purchase, funding towards gym/sports clubs/evening classes, bonuses and more.
BMT is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce, to view our full policy please click here - https://www.bmt.org/careers/our-benefits/diversity-and-equality/.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply, please use our online application form.