Structural Design Engineer
BMT Consultants India represents BMT in India and provides consultancy services in the fields of Ports and Terminal Planning and Design, Marine and Coastal Engineering, Marine Environment, Ship Maneuvering Simulation, Renewable Energy, Ship Design, Shipyards, Project Management and Logistics & Business Consultancy. BMT Consultants India operates out of offices in Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Chennai.
BMT Consultants India is a wholly owned subsidiary of BMT Group Ltd, a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering, science and technology consultancy offering a broad range of services, particularly in the defence, energy, environment, shipping and ports and logistics sectors. Customers are served by a staff of around 1,500 professionals located in a network of international subsidiary companies.
BMT Consultants India is looking for a Structural Design Engineer (preferably Marine Structural Engineer) with 2-4 years of experience (Preferably marine structural design expereice) to join their team in India at their Ahmedabad and Chennai offices. As a Structural Design Engineer, you will produce engineering designs and calculations for marine infrastructure related structures such as berths, mooring dolphins, trestles, etc under the supervision of a Senior Engineer/Principal Engineer/Technical Director. Your designs should ensure the production of designs that are safe and fully compliant with projects specification, statutory regulations and design standards. You will be required to programme your work and ensure that all programmes are fully co-ordinated with the other design team members and project deliverables are clearly identified. You will be responsible for monitoring the progress of the design and ensuring all of which is circulated in line with the project schedule. Additional skill sets including data analysis and programming using MS-Excel, MATLAB and C/C++ will be considered as an advantage.
- Technical excellence through sound technical work under supervision, individual judgement and initiative, application of industry standards, managing small projects and showing initiative for knowledge and skills enhancement. You will be conversant with software such as STAADPRO, AutoCAD and Excel
- Marketing & Business – provide potential leads to marketing team by networking with peers in the industry and scanning newspapers. Assist in preparation of proposals and marketing material when required.
- Financial effectiveness through assistance to Project Manager/Technical Director in work estimation, monitor effort spends to complete tasks within time and cost, inform the Manager about cost overruns or delays and coordinating with sub-contractors for conducting work to scope and time.
- Staff Management through clear communication with project team of your tasks and the tasks to be undertaken by project team and support staff. Be conversant with company processes, software and standards. Project Management through managing smaller projects to scope and within time, cost and quality. Awareness of dependencies on your assignments towards overall project completion.
- Carry out staff management through clear communication with project team of your tasks and the tasks to be undertaken by project team and support staff. Be conversant with company processes, software and standards.
- Handle project management through managing smaller projects to scope and within time, cost and quality. Awareness of dependencies on your assignments towards overall project completion.
- Comply with Health & Safety, environmental and quality management requirements of the Company. Support the company vision, mission and values and reinforcing the company culture through leadership and agreed behaviours.
- Should possess an equivalent Masters Degree in Structural Engineering (Marine structural Engineering will be preferred)
The position is based in Ahmedabad and Chennai although travel could be required to project locations and other BMT Offices in India and overseas. Remuneration will be excellent and will be agreed based upon the candidate's suitability and relevant experience
Interested candidates may email their CV with a covering letter clearly quoting reference Marine Structural Design Engineer – Location (Ahmedabad or Chennai) detailing why they believe they are suitable for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on BMT Consultants India please visit the website: http://www.bmt.org/
For further information on BMT Consultants India, please visit their website: www.bmtindia.org
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com