Arlington, VA or Tacoma, WA
US Defense and Security Team
Posted 19 weeks ago
BMT is seeking a Senior Marine Project Engineer with experience leading commercial and government marine engineering concept design, construction and modification project (ferries, work boats, patrol boats, research vessels) teams. Applicant must have technical, marine engineering detail concept and production design experience working with commercial and government shipyards and stakeholders and managing projects and project teams. Communication and collaboration skills to fully integrate with multidisciplinary teams and converse with commercial and government clients are a must and equally important as technical expertise. The candidate’s responsibilities may include:
- Lead marine engineering projects and project team and assist with concept and detail design and integration of HVAC, fluid, mechanical and propulsion systems
- Research, review, select and integrate machinery and equipment into new and existing commercial and government vessels to meet standards and performance requirements;
- Quality review design calculations, deliverables and engineering drawings for completeness, accuracy and compliance with applicable specifications, regulations, and standards, and deliverable format.
- Assist with developing and managing project schedules and work closely with program / project leadership team to meet delivery schedules.
- Perform calculations to support design decisions and research and resolve technical problems
- Lead project teams and mentor junior engineers
Work Location: Alexandria, VA or Tacoma, WA
Candidates must be U.S. citizen with a DOD secret clearance or eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. Company will not sponsor a work visa for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineering License or the ability to obtain one is highly desirable.
- Minimum 8 years’ marine engineering design experience developing new vessel and modification designs including HVAC, fluid, mechanical and propulsion systems, for commercial and government vessels is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience coordinating vessel design projects for commercial and/or government clients, producing ship construction or modification work packages, and assisting junior engineers is required.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD required. Experience using NavCAD, Pipe-Flo, GHS, finite element analysis software packages, and/or ShipContructor is highly desirable.
- Must have knowledge and experience researching and applying ABS Rules, CFR requirements, and military and/or commercial technical standards to vessel design projects.
- Shipyard production experience preferred.
- Proactively investigates and resolves design issues
- Experience applying Quality Management System standards, such as ISO 9001.
- Confident and clear verbal communication skills are required to successfully listen, reach out, ask questions and work with multidisciplinary teams to facilitate consensus and complete tasks on schedule.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage resources and complete multiple and sometimes complex detail-oriented projects and tasks on time.
- Ability to learn new engineering software packages and design standards and integrate them directly into current projects is required.
- Physically able to conduct ship checks including being in confined spaces, climbing narrow ladders, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of MS Word and Excel required. Experience with MS Project desirable.
- Proven ability and commitment to provide high caliber customer support to include understanding needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges.
- Committed to actively contributing to individual and team growth.
- Confident action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contribute to building and expanding consultancy services.
How to apply
BMT is committed to attracting, training and retaining a diverse professional staff and offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants must submit resume and complete application, questionnaire and surveys at http://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/40559702 . This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
BMT DAS USA – BMT Designers & Planners Inc
2900 South Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22206
+1 703 920 7070