Ottawa, Ontario or Victoria, British Columbia, or Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada Defence and Security Team
Posted 11 weeks ago
BMT is looking for a Requirements Engineer to join our experienced team in Ottawa. We are looking for individuals with a broad understanding of systems and requirements engineering and the ability to work well in teams.
The successful candidate will join a team of outstanding requirements engineering professionals to enhance the capacity and capability of the team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
You will be responsible for providing general and specific engineering services to internal and external clients in one or more of these areas:
- Requirements Elicitation:
- Elicit requirements following various approaches such as document analysis, interviews, use cases, story boarding, requirements workshops, site visits, workflow analysis, and competitive product analysis.
- Analysis of the customer and stakeholder needs.
- Documentation of the requirements elicitation activities and data to identify the needs.
- Requirements Definition
- Translate needs into requirements in accordance with INCOSE Guide to Writing Requirements.
- Requirements Specification
- Development of requirements specifications including Stakeholder Requirements Specifications, Systems Specifications, User Requirements Specifications, and Statements of Work.
- Requirements Analysis
- Decompose and allocate requirements in sufficient detail to guide the next level of development.
- Impact assessments, traceability analysis, requirement completion assessments.
- Requirements Verification and Validation
- Verification and validation of requirements and requirement specifications.
- Requirements Management
- Design and implement the requirements specification architecture and infrastructure in requirements management tool.
- Manage requirements and change process throughout the development and implementation life cycle.
- Provide requirements engineering metrics.
- Experience using Rational DOORS including DXL programming.
- Provide DOORS user training.
- Requirements Engineering
- Promote requirements engineering best practices.
- Development of requirements engineering plans, processes and procedures.
- Provide requirements engineering training.
- Provide requirements engineering mentoring and support both internally and externally.
In addition to these duties, the Requirement Engineer may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above role purpose.
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- A university degree in Engineering, Applied Science or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a requirements engineering role for a complex project.
- Practical experience with one or more of these Requirement Engineering areas: Elicitation, Definition, Specification, Analysis, Verification and Validation, Management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- More than 3 years' experience in a requirements engineering role.
- Experienced in the configuration and administration of a requirements management tool such as IBM DOORS.
- Experienced with DXL programming for DOORS.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, following these guidelines:
- “CS-013 Requirements Engineering Specialist” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
BMT is committed to employment equity, to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.