As one of Australia's largest and most experienced consultancies in water and environmental work, BMT's expertise is unequalled.
Our large and long-established team has a need for a Principal Engineer in our Sydney team to support the delivery of critical projects that include flood studies, floodplain management plans, and flood forecasting and warning systems.
We are asking persons who have a commitment to quality, innovation & problem solving to explore this opportunity, especially those who have watched our recent awards and current projects with interest including:
- Recipient of the Flood Risk Management Project of the Year 2017 for the Melbourne Water Flood Intelligence Decision Support System
- Engineering Excellence Award 2018 for the Brisbane River Catchment Flood Study
- Swan River Flood and Floodplain Management Studies 2018
- Development of the Flood Forecasting System for the Bagmati-Adhwara River Basin, India 2018
- Flood Mitigation in Samoa 2018
BMT offers interesting and challenging work in an environment that genuinely values individual contribution to our total business, be it through project contribution, participation in innovation “think tanks” for future oriented problem solving, being a trusted partner for advice, participation in global campaign forums and/or supporting our colleagues – wherever they are located – to deliver superior solutions for our clients.
We offer competitive salary packaging including profit sharing and importantly, the flexibility required to help our employees’ meet their personal and professional interests and commitments.
Description of the role
- Undertake engineering and technical tasks of advanced scope and complexity, working with other business leaders to share knowledge and advance the business.
- Working closely with other specialists in hydraulic modelling, flood management, flood forecasting and the developers of the TUFLOW software, your roles and responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing flood related projects in the fields of advanced hydrology and numerical flood modelling and/or flood risk management
- Training and mentoring of staff to boost technical capabilities within the team
- Liaising and collaborating with the broader BMT organisation, within both flood related and multi-disciplinary fields including coastal processes, catchment and water quality modelling
- Provide strategic and statutory advice to clients in a variety of sectors
- Support the Sydney-based work winning team to help secure future business opportunities that can be services by BMT, within and beyond the flood modelling and flood risk management market
Qualifications & Attributes
Applicants will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering or equivalent.
- 12+ years' experience post-graduation.
- Experience in developing, calibrating and simulating flood models using the TUFLOW software.
- GIS skills in one or more platforms
- Right to work in Australia.
- Additional qualifications, attributes and skill sets that are highly desirable are:
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in a relevant field
- Experience in project problem solving/task automation through scripting/programming
- Desire to coach and mentor others
- Willingness for travel across NSW, interstate, and internationally, to satisfy the requirements of projects and the position
How to apply
Please provide a current CV and cover letter referencing the core qualifications and attributes mentioned above.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 20 December, 2018.