Who are we?
Our BMT Asset Performance Services business line comprises specialists from across the entire range of disciplines needed to address a full-spectrum of engineering asset management issues.
Our services span the full lifecycle of ownership and blend enterprise-level consultancy, solving real-world business critical problems, with unmatched engineering analytical pedigree.
In this way we help our clients ensure at every stage, that goals for cost, performance, safety, supportability and legal compliance will be met.
We offer a competitive salary (based on skills and experience), contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days holiday, Company Profit Share and Group Wide Profit Share, plus other benefits.
What’s the role?
As a Senior Supportability Consultant, you will be required to support the development of the company’s ILS capability, to undertake delivery of work to a high professional standard, and to promote BMT as the supplier of choice for ILS and related services.
The role will comprise the following key elements:
- Manage the delivery of ILS Programmes and related projects to schedule and budget whilst meeting client and corporate expectations.
- Oversee ILS related engineering tasks including Reliability & Maintainability, Supportability, Maintenance Engineering and Spares Provisioning / Inventory Management.
- Tailor ILS Programmes and prepare requisite ILS planning documentation to meet the client’s project and ILS objectives and add value to their businesses.
- Understand, undertake and comply with the UK MoD DE&S’ Supportability Assurance requirements and the governing policies of their Support Solutions Envelope.
- Engage with potential clients in support of Business Development activities, and to produce winning proposals and estimates for Supportability
- Liaise with clients and the equipment/platform end-user at senior levels on ILS and project issues.
What are we looking for?
- Have a demonstrable track record of conducting ILS and Supportability activities, and be familiar with the applicable ILS related standards (e.g. DEF STAN 00-600, JSP 886 / DLF, ASD Series (e.g. S1000D, S2000M), DEF STAN 00-45, DEF STAN 00-40 series).
- Have proven experience and training in Project Management techniques and methodologies (including Scheduling and Project Risk Management).
- Be able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of military equipment operations, maintenance and support.
- Be self-motivated and have a logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Be flexible and have a genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the growth of a successful business.
- Be articulate with professional presentational and written communication skills.
- Be a confident individual able to lead a team or act independently with support from colleagues.
- Hold a degree, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline.
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body and be proactive in managing his/her own professional CPD.
- Be willing to travel both in the UK and overseas.
- Eligible for UK security clearance.
How to apply...
Does this sound like you? If you would like to apply for our role, please click on the link below to submit an online application: https://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BMTDSL&cws=1&rid=490
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact Louise Lane on 01489 553174.