Master / Base Data Administrator
About the role
The Master / Base Data Administrator will be part of the newly formed Data Management Team. The Data Management Team is responsible for the base (or master) data which underpins the Global ERP system (IFS), which will be implemented in all global sites over the next two years. The team also maintain and develop data governance policies and procedures in conjunction with the business and support the Data Governance Steering Committee.
This role could be a good opportunity for a graduate, with a keen interest in data and systems.
In terms of location, our office is in Teddington and we are happy to explore flexible and hybrid working arrangements.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
· Ensure base data integrity within IFS as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
· Manage the timely and accurate update of all necessary changes to base data received, ensure all attributes have been correctly completed and approved.
· Ensure base data accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
· Ensure data consistency between all instances of IFS to ensure no duplication of base data codes for items such as customers, suppliers, general ledger, products etc.
· Ensure all Master Data change tickets in designated areas are processed to the highest standard of accuracy within to be defined SLAs.
· Maintain global supplier and customer number database.
· Identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems.
· Develop and maintain documentation of processes to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
The experience we are looking for includes:
• Uncompromising attention to detail
• An interest in data quality and accuracy
• Good communication skills at all levels
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to use their own initiative
• Experience of project work
• Good Excel skills
• Confident using Microsoft office packages
• Experience of setting up customers and suppliers in an ERP / Finance System
• Finance background is beneficial
• Knowledge or experience of IFS is an advantage
BMT is a maritime-orientated high-end design house and technical consulting firm driven by a passion for solving complex, real-world problems. To find out more about BMT click here .
BMT is open and committed to discussing flexible working. We believe that everyone performs at their best when they have the flexibility to make working for BMT work best for them.
BMT hires talented people and welcomes applications from everyone. At this time, we particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian, Minority ethnic, female, and non-binary candidates as we are underrepresented in these groups.
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving our purpose as a business which is to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time (to find out more click here ). Our passion and goal are to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, and personal development.
Don’t hesitate to ask more about our benefits during the hiring process.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you.
A message to recruitment agencies: We receive applications exclusively via our ATS. Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee.