SUBS-2013-07 - Senior Marine Systems Engineer
BMT Fleet Technology Limited, based in Ottawa, Ontario, is recruiting for a Senior Marine Systems Engineer.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
Based in Ottawa, this full-time position will be responsible for the quality of all marine engineering activities, including concept and detailed disign, the development of technical specifications and technical investigations.
Successful candidates will have a combination of the following:
- A university degree in electrical, mechanical or marine systems engineering (preferably at the Masters level), or a provincial, state or federal (national) licence to practice as a professional engineer
- 10 - 15 years of related experience
- Proven experience in the application of systems engineering principles to design activities
- Experience in marine systems design
- Experience in the development of engineering changes
- Experience in Naval and/or Submarine systems
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards and their impact on design
- Shipbuilding/marine production experience
- Experience in leading engineering teams
- Ability to lead and contribute to technical impact assessments and feasibility studies
- Ability to lead the design and development of the marine systems components of engineering changes
- Experience in leading engineering assessments and technical investigations;
- Demonstrated success in managing projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to plan and organize
- Excellent interpersonal skills
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- "Senior Marine Systems Engineer – Submarine Business Area” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered
- A resume outlining work experience and education
Please name all files with your first and last name. IE., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.,
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: N. Ivory
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology please visit their website: http://www.fleetech.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com