PS-2013-03 - Project Planner Scheduler
BMT Fleet Technology, based in Ottawa, Ontario, is recruiting for a Project Planner Scheduler.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The Project Planner Scheduler is tasked with assisting BMT clients in establishing project schedules and supporting project monitoring and control activities such as schedule management and change management on their assigned projects, in accordance with best practice. This position will establish initial resourced schedules as well as coordinating high level linkages to create an integrated master project schedule.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the client in the overall planning and scheduling activities on projects;
- Establishing schedules in MS Project and Primavera;
- Preparation of Earned value/performance reports;
- Liaising with project management on matters relating to planning and scheduling;
- Monitoring schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties and advising senior analysts for their consideration;
- Participating in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), WBS dictionary definitions, and the development of schedules (including resource loading) for those WBS elements;
- Participating in the project change management process related to schedule; and
- Performing other duties as required.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business and/or engineering discipline;
- 3-5 years of scheduling experience with Microsoft Project;
- Ability to work independently and a willingness to work in client organizations within the National Capital Region whilst building trusted client relationships;
- Quality focus with an attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; and
- An ability to identify and help mitigate potential project risks and delays.
Strong candidates will also have a combination of the following:
- Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation;
- Primavera experience;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Demonstrative understanding of engineering execution and production business processes;
- Familiarity with PWGSC and Canadian Defence Procurement;
- Experience participating in project recovery strategies such as the preparation and implementation of recovery schedules and
- Experience with resource loading, deliverable progress and earned value management systems.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Project Planner Scheduler” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered
- A resume outlining work experience and education
Please name all files with your first and last name. IE., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.,
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: N. Ivory
We are committed to employment equity. BMT thanks all applicants in advance.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology please visit their website: http://www.fleetech.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com