Materials Engineer or Metallurgist
BMT Fleet Technology is recruiting a Materials Engineer or Metallurgist with 5 - 8 years of related experience. This position is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
BMT Fleet Technology is an innovative leader in providing through-life engineering support from concept development through design, construction, operations, life extension/upgrade and disposal.
The company employs its technological expertise and practical experience to provide services to clients in the Marine, Defence, Energy & Environment, Civil & Industrial Infrastructure, and Transport industry sectors. BMT Fleet Technology is committed to retaining and applying practical knowledge of sector-specific factors in developing responsive solutions to customer's needs.
The company's hallmark of engineering excellence involves the provision of leading edge structural and mechanical system damage assessment, materials and welding engineering, inspection and maintenance management, naval architecture and marine engineering, environmental and cold regions engineering services.
The successful candidate will have an educational background and demonstrated experience in materials engineering and/or metallurgy. As a member of the Engineering and Technology group, you will join a small team of outstanding professionals, providing leadership in testing and metallurgical applications including fatigue, fracture, tensile testing, failure analysis and materials consulting. This position will be a great opportunity for the right individual and will evolve with your experience, capability and the variety of projects identified within the team.
Successful candidates will have:
- An engineering university degree in materials engineering or metallurgy. An MASc. or PhD will be considered an asset;
- Current PEng (or ability to obtain PEng designation);
- Demonstrated experience in fatigue, fracture and tensile testing methodology and procedures;
- Experience in materials testing and failure analysis;
- Familiarity with pipeline and marine industries;
- Experience in client interaction, including business development;
- Experience in preparation of technical proposals and reports;
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple small to medium sized projects;
- Experience supervising a small team of test technicians;
- The ability to liase with other engineering disciplines;
- An understanding or experience in welding metallurgy would be an asset,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to recommend innovative solutions to technical problems.
Experience in the development of research and service project ideas and the ability to communicate in French (written and spoken) is considered an asset.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- "Materials Engineer or Metallurgist" in the subject line;
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered;
- A resume outlining work experience and education;
- Please name all files with your first and last name. IE., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
We are committed to employment equity. BMT thanks all applicants in advance. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology please visit their website: http://www.fleetech.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com