ENT-2013-01 - Senior Materials Engineer
BMT Fleet Technology Limited, based in Ottawa, Ontario, is recruiting for a Senior Materials Engineer.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The successful candidate will have an educational background and demonstrated experience in materials engineering and/or metallurgy. As a member of the Engineering and Technology group, you will join a small team of outstanding professionals, providing leadership in testing and metallurgical applications including fatigue, fracture, tensile testing, failure analysis and materials consulting. This position will be a great opportunity for the right individual and will evolve with your experience, capability and the variety of projects identified within the team.
Successful candidates will have:
- An engineering university degree in materials engineering or metallurgy. An MASc. or PhD will be considered an asset
- Current PEng (or ability to obtain PEng designation)
- Demonstrated experience in fatigue, fracture and tensile testing methodology and procedures
- Experience in materials testing and failure analysis
- Familiarity with pipeline and marine industries
- Experience in client interaction, including business development
- Experience in preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple small to medium sized projects
- Experience supervising a small team of test technicians
- The ability to liase with other engineering disciplines
- An understanding or experience in welding metallurgy would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to recommend innovative solutions to technical problems
Experience in the development of research and service project ideas and the ability to communicate in French (written and spoken) is considered an asset.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- "Senior Materials Engineer" in the subject line;
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered
- A resume outlining work experience and education
Please name all files with your first and last name. IE., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
We are committed to employment equity. BMT thanks all applicants in advance. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology please visit their website: http://www.fleetech.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com