Combat Systems Design Lead
BMT Fleet Technology is recruiting a Combat Systems Design Lead. Based in Ottawa, this full-time position will be responsible for the quality of all combat engineering activities, including concept and detailed design, the development of technical specifications and technical investigations.
BMT Fleet Technology is an innovative leader in providing through-life engineering support from concept development through design, construction, operations, life extension/upgrade and disposal.
The company employs its technological expertise and practical experience to provide services to clients in the Marine, Defence, Energy & Environment, Civil & Industrial Infrastructure, and Transport industry sectors. BMT Fleet Technology is committed to retaining and applying practical knowledge of sector-specific factors in developing responsive solutions to customer's needs.
The company's hallmark of engineering excellence involves the provision of leading edge structural and mechanical system damage assessment, materials and welding engineering, inspection and maintenance management, naval architecture and marine engineering, environmental and cold regions engineering services.
BMT Fleet Technology is recruiting a Combat Systems Design Lead, based in Ottawa. This full-time position is responsible for the quality of all combat engineering activities, including concept and detailed design, the development of technical specifications and technical
Successful candidates will have a combination of the following:
- A relevant university (preferably at the
Masters level), or a provincial, state or federal (national) licence to practice as a professional engineer;
- 10 - 15 years of related experience;
- Proven experience in combat systems design;
- Experience in the development of engineering changes;
- Experience in Naval and/or Submarine systems;
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards and their impact on design;
- Ability to lead and contribute to technical impact assessments and feasibility studies;
- Ability to lead the design and development of the combat systems components of engineering changes;
- Experience in leading engineering assessments and technical investigations;
- Demonstrated success in managing projects;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to plan and organize;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
“Combat Systems Design Lead – Submarine Business Area” in the subject line;
A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered;
A resume outlining work experience and education;
Please name all files with your first and last name. IE., Sara Smith Resume.doc and
Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.,
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: N. Ivory
We are committed to employment equity. BMT thanks all applicants in advance.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology please visit their website: http://www.fleetech.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com